Pages

insights from a daughter of the King, teacher, farmer's wife, and Mommy

11.25.2013

thanksgiving ramblings and a prayer

the tears fell before i could stop them this morning
10 more thanksgivings with him under my roof
that's all i have left with my little baby boy
he will be 18 in 10 ten years

i'm not ready to think like this
i'm not ready, Lord

and the mind reels  10 more Christmas', Easter's, Birthday's with him not being an adult
.......................if i'm lucky






and then the backhand of the Holy Spirit hits from the blindside
why are you sitting around crying about it
there are memories to be made
lessons to teach
a child to be raised and be ready to be a man
and you just have 10 years to go
have you seen him lately???
you have your work cut out for you
stop feeling sorry for yourself and get to work

today's list in no particular order:
christmas countdown chain 
blessing boxes (more on that tomorrow)
listen to him read
listen to him play his mandolin
play battleship
make cookies
eat lunch
give him space
make him be nice to his sister
make him pick up his dishes
listen to him whine
listen to him laugh
make him brush his teeth
let him be an almost 8 year old 



make the most of your day, your thanksgiving, your time
it will be gone just like that


(this was read at our 50th Community Thanksgiving Service held last night, 
it speaks to the heart)


A Thanksgiving Day Prayer

by Scott Wesemann 



Lord, so often times, as any other day
When we sit down to our meal and pray

We hurry along and make fast the blessing
Thanks, amen. Now please pass the dressing

We're slaves to the olfactory overload
We must rush our prayer before the food gets cold

But Lord, I'd like to take a few minutes more
To really give thanks to what I'm thankful for

For my family, my health, a nice soft bed
My friends, my freedom, a roof over my head

I'm thankful right now to be surrounded by those
Whose lives touch me more than they'll ever possibly know

Thankful Lord, that You've blessed me beyond measure
Thankful that in my heart lives life's greatest treasure

That You, dear Jesus, reside in that place
And I'm ever so grateful for Your unending grace

So please, heavenly Father, bless this food You've provided
And bless each and every person invited

Amen!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. Proverbs 16:24 Leave me some honey.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...