Pages

insights from a daughter of the King, teacher, farmer's wife, and Mommy

10.01.2014

31 Days of Random Writing: Day 1

I haven't wrote in....well it feels like forever.  So, I guess the quickest way to pick it back up is to do it every day.  You'll find bloggers all over the web this month giving you great advice on everything from the crock pot to your blog to your bathroom to your christian faith.  But you won't find that here.  I have no advice. I'm combating stink bugs and laundry, balancing teaching and mothering, trying to find sleep and a place to put the mail.  

Therefore you are going to find randomness, release, and hopefully a respite from whatever you are combating, balancing, and looking for.  

RANDOMNESS THOUGHT 1:

My friend Amy's book released last week!!  WOO-HOO  



So, on day 1 of randomness, I'm giving away a copy of her awesome book, When More is Not Enough.  All you have to do to enter is leave a comment below on this post OR on the facebook link to this post.  I will draw next Monday.  
Good Luck!!  And if you don't win, feel free to purchase.  :)  It will be worth it. 



RANDOM THOUGHT 2:

We went on a mini vacation this past weekend.  I would show you all the pictures, but then you would be super jealous.



no edit required


RANDOM THOUGHT 3:

I taught my kids the Virginia Reel today.  I was prepared for complaints, refusals, "absolutely no's". Not one kid didn't do it.  Not one complaint was made.  In fact, I was asked repeatedly "can we do this again tomorrow!?"  Yes, I made them pair girl-boy, yes I made them do-s-do, and yes they loved it.  They laughed and smiled and actually kept time with the music.  This makes my heart smile.




  IN CASE YOU WANT TO LEARN :)




RANDOM THOUGHT 4:


Proverbs 29:17
Correct your son, and he will give you peace: yes he will bring delight to your soul.

{shakes head, I hear ya Lord, I hear ya}






1 comment:

Pleasant words are a honeycomb, sweet to the soul and healing to the bones. Proverbs 16:24 Leave me some honey.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...